Friday, August 3, 2012
Post 80!
So my blog dashboard has informed me that this is my 80th post. How cool is that? I didn't realize I had blogged that much. Hopefully I can add even more and have more than 100 posts. That'd be awesome!
In this 80th post today, I'd like to talk about food. My great love for food. I'm on a more strict diet this month. I started on the first and am hoping to drop an incredible amount of weight this month. I'm trying to barely eat over 1,000 calories a day. Trying to still work out like a mad woman. Just trying...really really REALLY hard to drop some weight. 5lbs is NOT enough in my book. Which brings me back to the main subject. FOOD! I love food. And junky food. In my opinion...there's no way veggies and fruits will ever be as satisfying at a Big Mac and Fries. There's just no way. Which is how I've gotten to be this overweight. I enjoy junky food. Which is okay! It's okay to enjoy junky food. But what's not okay is eating it NON-STOP and allowing yourself to get mega unhealthy. That's the problem. Everything in moderation! So I'm on day 3 of this month and I'm still craving Chinese food BADLY! I was going to have some July 31st before I started my "diet" but the place that I love, was oddly closed for some reason. It was very odd. So I never got it. My plan is to go the whole month of August without eating out, or eating junk. However yesterday we were out at this place called Boogie Babies. It was a last minute thing. We met up with the Greene's. I had no other food choice so I ate a hot dog. Honestly...a hot dog is not that bad. Of course there's no way it's considered healthy...but I could've certainly done worse. Also, I had to grocery shop yesterday because eating was hard. We had no healthy choices. Of course most of that is due to going to Chicago and just not having food left. So I grocery shopped. I bought SOOOO many fruits and veggies. I didn't want to be limited at all. So last night for dinner I made hubby and I a HUGE bowl of salad. I went out of my comfort zone and added cucumbers and red peppers to it. In addition to some green onions. It was mighty tasty. I also bought these Fit and Active grilled chicken bites from Aldi. I just popped a few in the skillet and tossed some in our salad. Viola! I yummy delicious meal! It actually made me full. I didn't know salad's were capable of making me feel full. So that was nice.
Basically, I've discovered, eating healthy is SOOOOO much easier when there's food in the house. And good choices! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment