Tuesday, August 7, 2012

On Tuesdays, we eat junk and watch tv!

Well, the past two days have been a rough struggle for me. And that's more of an understatement. It's been more than hard. It's been more than rough. This morning I woke up and just wasn't willing to face the day. Literally....I did NOT want to wake up because I knew my day consisted of exercising my overly sore body AND eating healthy food. Today was particularly hard because Tuesday nights are normally "Me" nights! Two of my favorite shows come on. Dance Moms and Pretty Little Liars. Other times during the year it's 19 Kids and Counting. Anyways....for the past couple of months Tuesday nights have been the nights I put the boys to bed early, make some nice unhealthy meal and gorge my face while watching shows. I loved those nights. They made me feel happy and content. Especially when so many of my nights are lonely. Theo works a lot of nights and I have no girlfriends that wanna come over at night and just chill with me. So they were just "feel good nights" Well, this is the very first Tuesday I can't do that. :( It's honestly heartbreaking. That may sound silly to some of you reading this, but it really does break my heart. There are certain things that we all do that provides us a release. Some run. Some eat. Some knit. I mean, the list is endless. But once you find something you just love doing, it's hard to break the habit. So today is not such a good day for me. I think considering all of this...I've maintained a pretty "happy" attitude. LOL! I've snapped more than necessary at the boys though. I just keep praying to God to keep giving me the strength. HE's the only reason I've made it thus far. So I know HE can keep me going. So, maybe instead of "On Tuesdays....we eat junk food and watch TV!" maybe I'll adopt a new habit "On Wednesday, we wear pink!" :) For those of you who don't know...the latter is a quote from Mean Girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment