Sunday, February 21, 2010
My Shannon
I just wanted to write a specific blog about one of the bestest friends I've ever had! That would be my Shannon Baxter. First of all, I've known her since I was like 6 or 7 I think. She was little. VERY little. LOL But we struck up a friendship and we had good times together. So far, she really has been one of the only friends to really pay attention to me, and when I need it most, she ALWAYS comes through. I've always tried to take care, when my friends are in trouble, or having hard time, I've tried to take care to pay attention and try and do something special. And I almost always came a runnin when they needed a friend. Even if that meant driving a long way. Anyways, Shannon has been the only friend to return that. I like being surprised, and she knows that, so what did she do this past Friday. She planned secretly with my husband to surprising me by showing up and spending the night with me since Theo had to work. How amazing is that?! Not that you try and keep track of what friend did what and who's better than who, but when she does things like that, it totally puts her at the top of my list. Like for example, when everyone during my wedding was complaining about one particular bridesmaid, instead of going to that bridesmaid and telling her to pipe down and remember that I was the bride, they all complained to me, which only added to my stress. But guess who was the ONLY one defending me like they should've been?! Shannon! She went very tastefully to that person, privately as well, and told them, that they needed to remember that this was about me and etc. I didn't even find out about it right away, but it meant so much to me. There are small things that people don't realize how much they actually mean. Like for example, one day, when one of my friends was having a rough night, I had no idea what was exactly going down, but I put together a "Care" kit full of sweet/salty snacks, and alcohol and soda....LOL I really didn't have the money for all that, but I knew, that alone would help the situation, and me being there. Things like that people never do for me, except for Shannon. Its even been a hard transition to be single and have a whole bunch of friends, to being married and still want those same friends to be there, and they act like because I have a husband, I don't need them as much or something. That's so not true. Because when you have a close girlfriend....no guy can ever replace that. So there have been small things along the way that certain friends have done, but they have never been like the stuff Shannon's done. Anyways, I just appreciated it so much I decided to dedicate a blog to her! LOL She more than deserves it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment