Wow! What a day today has been! I figured I should blog about it, so I can remind myself what I don't want to happen in the future. LOL
So today I had a Dr appointment at 9:30a.m. I knew last night that I didn't wanna go by myself because I had been emotional. Lately I've felt on the verge of crying all the time. LOL Last night Theo had taken me to the hospital because for the past 4 days I hadn't been able to breathe. So when I called the nurse, she told me to go to Labor and Delivery. So Theo took me and after being there for about....2-3 hours (of course I was hooked up to a pulse reader, baby monitor and my monitor) they just decided it was asthma flaring up because of maybe the weather. Anyways....after that (and freaking out because Theo and I don't have bags packed or anything. lol) I was really emotional. So last night I asked Theo if maybe he could take me today to my appointment. Just leave work for a couple of hours. He said he thought he could. Well when I wake up this morning he texts me and says that he can't because he has a class. I almost cried. But I sucked it up. Got ready to go and took myself. Now, I was already nervous because of the massive amounts of snow we've been getting! We've had a lot of snow...I think 30 inches. Anyways, so I really didn't wanna drive. It was kinda rough getting the Journey out to the main roads, but I did it. Then when I got it to the highway, the whole car started shaking like the tires needed to be balanced and etc. Well we just got that done so I knew that couldn't be the reason. So I just took my time. I finally got to the hospital. They have a parking garage that's right across from the main hospital door that you have to go in. Which is highly convenient. Anyways, there's a lady out there flagging me to pass. I was like "OH NO! What do I do?!" I dunno where to go? Every time I'd been there I'd only ever parked in the parking garage. So I go down a bit further to where the exit is and there's a couple of cars stopped in front of me. I wait a bit and then I realize there's a guy out there telling them what's what. Well I'm a bit relived, because otherwise I wouldn't have known what to do. He let's about 2 cars in the back way of the garage and flags the other cars on. Well, I ask him what the deal is and he gives me attitude and is like "This garage is closed! You have to go down to the employee parking. There's not charge for parking today!" I was like "Well how far is that?! I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I can't be walking far!" He was so rude...he mumbled something about a shuttle and then waved me on and continued talking to the next guy. I of course drove off in tears. When I get employee parking (which is ALLLLLLLLLL the way around the other side and down a couple hills....of course the lot is almost full and I have to park all the way down at the bottom. I was so mad. And I had a full bladder so that I could pee in the cup when I got to my appointment. So I had to walk about a half a mile to get to the hospital door...and which point I STILL had to walk down to the other end of the building. It was redunk! I was in pain because my bladder was so full and my back was hurting because that's what it's been doing lately. I was fighting tears the WHOLE time I was walking. By the time I get there...they take FOREVER to check me in. Well basically I'm getting tired of typing all of this and I have other things I gotta get to doing. But basically in this same trip they also bullied me into getting the H1N1 shot. Which I had avidly said over and over again that I didn't want to take. They basically didn't even wait for me to say "yes or no" they basically said "This is what you're getting and you're getting it today." It was horrid. I was so upset, because I knew the only reason they had bullied me was b/c I was emotionally unstable and couldn't handle fighting them off.It was so wrong of them and so help me if my baby comes out with defects because of it. The thing was....that God had given me such a peace about not getting it that I was okay with it. But yeah. This is a huge lesson I have to learn and it's hard. Cause believe me...my emotions today were so out of whack. And the thing is...it's all solely due to pregnancy. Yipee! LOL OH! Another thing I wanna remember is they told me if my sugar levels didn't improve in 1 week they were going to have to put me on insulin and which case then I'd have to come into the hospital 2x's a week just for them to monitor the baby and then there is chance of sudden death for the baby. Let me say this now. If that happens. I'm not taking insulin. They can induce me early. Cause this is all ridiculous to go through for just 35 more days of pregnancy. It's just too much. So anyways, I'm off to do some laundry and have ice cream, test my sugars and cuddle with my love. Goodness knows I need it after today. Phew!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment