Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Such a change of life....

So, I woke up pretty early this morning. No particular reason. I guess my body was just done resting. Anyways, I woke up super early...bout 5:30a.m. So, being that I'm in the hospital, of course not long after I wake up someone comes in to do whatever they do! lol So I sat up and started thinking about my day. Then it occurred to me....that normally, I don't get to think about my day before it starts. On a "normal" day I'm woken up by "Good Morning, Momma!" or cries, screams or the horrible stench of poop. haha! I have officially been in the hospital for 2 weeks today. Well...two weeks by this afternoon...but anyways...two weeks. And I for the first time in two weeks I actually woke up and thought about how my day was going to go. The funny thing is? Yeah, nothing is on my agenda! lol I thought about taking a shower...and I really need to, but honestly....it just seems FAR too exhausting. Just for the heck of it...let's go through a list of things I have to do JUST to shower.


Step 1:Call a nurse
Step 2:Unhook my heart monitor
Step 3:Peel off all the stickers from the heart monitor (about 5)
Step 4:Peel the wire off the stickers themselves.
Step 5:Take a sticky-magic-wand thingy and go to each spot the stickers have been and rub off the sticky. Cause trust me, that stuff doesn't just come off in the shower. lol
Step 6:Have nurse tape over my Port.
Step 7:Finally make it to the taking off of the clothes phase.
Step 8:Finally shower...which is exhausting thinking about after I just listed everything above.
Step 9:Get out of shower with help from Theo because I'm terrified of falling in that tiny bathroom.
Step 10:Dry off and put clothes on, not real clothes of course. (figured I'd combine those lol)
Step 11:Call the nurse back in.
Step 12: Have heart monitor stickers replaced.
Step 13: Connect wires to stickers of heart monitor.
Step 14: Plug my heart monitor back in.
Step 15: Have the nurse re bandage my port


I believe that's it. That doesn't include brushing my hair, putting on any kind of deodorant etc. And honestly, blogging this...has simply made me want a nap. haha! So, today, my plans consist of taking a shower that takes at LEAST 15 steps. But before that? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a nap! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment