Monday, June 18, 2012

He Did It!!!!!

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to blog about my baby brother graduating high school! He's the last one of us to graduate and it feels down right weird. Just thinking about it right now....it's VERY hard to imagine that none of us are currently in grade school. From this point on, school is optional for all of us. How crazy is that?! When did that happen?! I remember waking up mornings, running to get baby Isaiah from Mom. She would nurse him then hand him to me. I would prepare him some cereal mixed with banana! He loved it! He loved me! He pretty much had a permanent place riding on my hip. Then I was so skinny and tiny and I also had him on my hip. I loved him. He was my bud. I remember when Mom told us she was pregnant with him. I remember thinking "He will like everything I like. He will do everything I do. We'll be best friends! We'll even like the same flavor of ice cream!" Well folks, those days are long gone. Isaiah Jotham has become his own person. He and I don't share the same tastes in ice cream flavors. We most certainly do NOT do everything together. LOL Mostly due to a minor location issue (Michigan is kinda far from Virginia). But I am very proud of Isaiah despite our minor location or ice cream issues. ;) Isaiah was the first sibling to attend public school for high school. So this graduation was a bit of a different experience for us. Thankfully it was VERY pleasant outside. The sun shown bright but there was a cool breeze and it was around 75 degrees out. Just beautiful weather! There were a lot of graduates but for me it was very easy to spot Isaiah. He's quite tall and he was walking very goofy. My guess is that it felt weird to walk with a gown. LOL Anyways.....so I thought I'd let the world know that the Brooks kids are all done with high school. We all officially have high school diploma's. Isaiah is going off to college. To the University of Mary Washington. He's REALLY excited! We gave him some things to make his life easier in college. A couple of gift cards, laundry bag and quite a few other things. It was nice to be able to spend time with him and witness him graduating. Here are a couple of pictures from the event! Congratulations Isaiah! We're so proud of you and love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment