Tuesday, February 7, 2012
It's the small things.....
So, as I was showering tonight, I had a realization. Showering is honestly a luxury. lol So is eating. It sounds silly, but anyone who's a parent will agree. When I got into the shower tonight I realized it'd been 2 days since I had actually showered. Which sounds gross....but honestly, me showering is just not a top priority. Earlier today it occurred to me that it's also a luxury to eat. I had gotten up after a rough night with the boys, pretty early in the morning. I got the boys changed, dressed, 2 different breakfasts. Then I unloaded the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen. After that I realized I really needed to workout before I got too tired to do so. Well....I worked out pretty hard core today and I felt really light headed. That's when it occurred to me that I hadn't eaten ANYTHING nor had I had more than 2 sips of something to drink. I nearly passed out. It's insane how hard it is for a mother to eat. I just never thought I'd have a problem eating. I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle working out and eating. I mean...reminding myself to eat 5x's a day is HARD work! Seriously! I don't have "me" time. And when I finally do, food is not on the top of my list. I guess I'm going to have to work harder at that if I'm going to loose any weight. As for showers, it's very rare when I get to shower every day. Also, it's even MORE rare when I get to have a quiet in peace shower. Either the boys are running around the house making noise, or Isaiah's breaking into the bathroom hollering "Momma! Momma!" There's normally some kind of interruption. So....the moral of this blog? If you're single and don't have children now....enjoy eating and showering to it's fullest extent! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment