So I figure since I'm up and unable to sleep I should blog. Maybe it'll relax my mind enough to sleep. I was watching this movie with Sarah Jessica Parker in it. It's called "I Don't Know How She Does It". It was SO very good and true. Basically the story line is she's a working mother of 2. She has a very high demand job and it's about juggling the job along with her husband and 2 children. It was really cute, funny and honest. LOL!!! I laughed quite a bit. Even though I'm not a mom who works out of the home, every interactive mother can relate. For example, I just researched what percentage of woman sleep through the night. Listen to this.
-60 percent of women aged 18 to 64 only get a good night's sleep a few nights per week or less
-67 percent experience sleep problems at least a few nights each week
-46 percent experience sleep problems every night
Isn't that INSANE?!?!?! At least I know I'm not alone! I'd say maybe out of the 7 days of the week, I MIGHT get one good night of sleep. But right now Collin's only 5mo so most nights he cries at some point. So even if Theo gets up to feed him, I still get woken up by his crying. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a good nights rest. Part of the problem is that I can't wind myself down enough to actually get to sleep. I really need to buy some Melatonin. I hear it works wonders. So, being that I can't wind myself down early enough, I end up falling asleep late. Then Collin normally wakes up between 12a.m.-1a.m. so then I have to get up for that. Then once I'm up, I'm up for a good hour...sometimes two. Which puts me going back to bed around 2a.m. RIDICULOUS!!!!! Theo just doesn't get it. For him, he can get up, give the baby a bottle and go right back to sleep and still have an amazing nights rest. Uhm....it doesn't work that way for me. I have to get up, most of the time I'm up. They say sleeping with the TV doesn't help. Negative. It helps me tremendously. I don't know how I'd EVER get to sleep without it. Theo doesn't like it on, so the nights he's home I turn it off....those are my worst nights of sleep most of the time. So, anyways, maybe some day I'll be able to sleep. Maybe some day my active brain won't keep running until all hours of the night. It's like my own body works against me. The dark circles under my eyes just keep getting darker and darker. *sigh* I really REALLY need to get some under eye cream. I'm really beginning to look very scary. So, now that I'm done blogging, I think I've just about tired myself out enough. It's now past 5a.m. and I've been up since 3:30a.m. Just unable to sleep. It really is agonizing when you want so badly to sleep.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment