Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Man Man's 1 Month Old Today!!!!
So, today, my son, Isaiah Brent is 1 month old! I can't believe it! How has time gone by so fast! Today we had to go to our WIC appointment! He is now 22.5inches long and 12.5lbs! WOAH!!!!! He's grown so much in the past few weeks. While we were sitting in the waiting room waiting to go back to our appointment, there was a lady there with a 2 year old girl and a baby boy in the car seat. I thought, from his cry and size that he was probably 2-3weeks old. HA! He was older than my son! He was 5 1/2 weeks old! hahahah! That baby was most certainly 1/2 the size of Isaiah! How crazy is that! It's obvious the goodness breast milk provides for my little man! I am so happy pumping and giving him bottles. I know that nursing mothers and in general, it's healthier to have them latch on to your boob...but I can't explain how happy I am to give him breast milk in bottles. Plus the bonuses of bottle feeding are that I can see how much he's getting, and someone else can help feed him at times. That's SUPER great. And you know...today, when I was thinking about whether I made the right decision to give him bottles, he looked at me while I was feeding him...and he gave me a look that said "I'm here Momma! I know it's you!" and then he grabbed my thumb with his little hand! How precious is that?! I disagree with the "when they nurse they have such a strong bond." to a certain extent. I believe if you work hard enough, they will still have that bond. He knew it was me...and he loves me. I know he does. It just made me feel so good and all gushy on the inside. LOL Such a sweet boy! A milestone he's reached is that last night, he slept through the night for the 1st time!!!!! He went to bed a bit before 11p.m. and slept solid until a bit after 4a.m! I did dances for joy! LOL And then once he did wake up at 4a.m. he barely drank 3oz with his eyes closed and passed right back out! How great is that?! Also another thing he did this month, actually more like the past 2 days...he has made quick small cooing noises. Like they only last like 2 seconds while he's smiling and I'm talking to him. But it's so funny, because when it happens, he startles himself! It's hilarious! So hopefully soon, he'll start babbling away! YaY!!!! I can't wait for him to laugh! Right now, I can tell he's a bit ticklish! I like to kiss under is 10 chins (hahahaha) and on his neck and he always smiles REALLY big when I do that. So hopefully soon he'll laugh as well! That'd be so amazing! Let's see...what else has happened in the last month? Well, I guess that's about it. I'm starting to heal and feel a LOT better! I have SO much more energy and I'm so happy! I've missed it! LOL It's still kinda hard balancing the baby, feeding, pumping and housework, but to be honest...that's all I have to do! I'm so grateful for that. I'm grateful I can stay at home with my son, and tend to him all day everyday. I'm so happy that the only stress I have to really worry about is cleaning a house. Actually an apartment! hahaha! I actually consider myself quite spoiled! I have a very loving husband who is SO encouraging and just tenderly cares for me. I have a Mother who is beyond words helpful! I call her all the time for any little question or any little thing I might want to talk about. She's always willing to hop in a car in any second and come rushing to MD if I need it. I mean...honestly....how many people do you know who have as much love and help as I have. Seriously, I'm beginning to think I might be so spoiled I won't be able to function on my own at all! hahahaha! I love it! Plus to be honest, it just helps me stay so positive and motivated to have so much support. For real. If I were to get postpartum depression...WOAH! It would seriously have to be because there's too many chemical imbalances in my brain! hahahaha! I thank God ever day for such strong amazing people in my life. And there are definitely more people who are awesome as well! I just always find myself overwhelmed with gratitude for the people who are positive influences in my life! Well, I think I should get ready here to run Man Man a bath. He DESPERATELY needs one! He'll be waking up here soon! Tomorrow we have an appointment to go and have a consultation with a general surgeon about my gall stone. Oh yeah! That's a new development. I, as of this past Saturday was diagnosed with a gall stone. Let me tell you, that's a PAINFUL experience! Anyways, hopefully tomorrow the surgeon will schedule me for the surgery, cause I need to get this thing out! Also, Rachel Fleming is supposed to be coming to visit! And she's bringing dinner! Yipeee!!!! :) Although, I decided today, that I need to pull out my brand new crock-pot and start using it! I need to start cooking more meals! hahaha! Anyways, I'm off! Good Night All! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment