Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Labor Story Part 2-Friday (3-26-10)

So my laboring story continues on Friday, March 26th, 2010!
I can't at the moment exactly remember where I left off, so I'm going to start with the morning of the 26th when I woke up and realized my laboring had stopped.
So, I woke up around 9a.m. and realized that I hadn't been woken up by any labor pains and I sure as heck didn't feel any now. lol So, we all got up, Theo, Mom and Addie. We all showered and got dressed, re-packed up the hospital stuff and headed to the mall. When we got there my labor pains def picked up again! They were strong and intense, and about 7 minutes apart. Then after walking oh....about 30minutes, I kept getting contractions every few steps I took. And they'd be so bad I'd have to stop and sit down or grip onto Theo and Mom for dear life. This whole time, every time I went to the bathroom I'd have some kinda discharge. It was brown mucus type stuff, which was the mucus plug, so after I couldn't take much more of the pains, we headed back to the hospital. This was around 5pm. I checked into Labor and Delivery Triage, and they monitored the baby and I for like 2hrs. My blood pressure kept rising. The Dr came in and told me that even though my contractions were still inconsistent, with the blood pressure and a few other factors, I was on the verge of not being okay. Because she didn't want me to go home and then the situation to get worse, she decided to check me into the hospital, induce me on pitocin(sp?). So we finally get all checked in, they put me in a room, Mom and Addie join us. After a little bit on the pitocin, I decide I'm going to go for an epidural. The pain was not hard at the time, but everyone says contractions are worse on pitocin, so I decided to get it before I would regret not getting it. They gave me an epidural and also decided to insert a Fulley Bulb (sp?). The pitocin was to get my contractions consistent and more frequent. The bulb was to get my cervix to open up more and dilate. I dilated to 6cm within 4hours. They had great hope for me. The bulb came out because it had done it's job and the contractions stayed strong and consistent. I could NOT feel them and was in heaven! I felt so good I got to nap through it all. Best sleep EVERRRR! lol By this point we had made it into Saturday morning and I had not dilated anymore. The Dr's decided it was time to take some action.

No comments:

Post a Comment