Tuesday, April 7, 2015

May is the Month

So recently I was invited to participate in this thing called Whole30! I decided against it because I could tell it wouldn't go well with our busy schedules. Basically it seemed to be the concept that you only eat veggies, fruits and meat. Thats it. No sugar no carbs. It just didn't seem appealing to me especially with kids. I mean, seriously...can you picture my kids going for green beans and chicken breast? LOL Anyways, it got me thinking about how my eating has been outta whack. I'm over making myself feel bad for it. It is what it is. Could I have made better decisions? Yes! Of course! But I can't change it. All I can do is look forward! I've got the active part of my lifestyle pretty down pat right now. Which I'm excited about. I've been trying to eat frequently. Which has been a challenge for me. So that's definitely helped. But I'm not where I wanna be! So! I thought, instead of doing Whole30 in the month of May, I'm going to do my own version! I've decided starting May 1st-May 31st I will not be eating any McDonald's or KC's. (a local ice cream place in walking distance to our house...yeah...it's a problem. LOL) I may try and eliminate a few other things too. But right now, those are the two that I frequent most often. I'm not trying to diet. I don't think diets are healthy. But I feel with taking McD and KC's away, it'll force me to make healthier food choices. So, here's a blog post telling the world...I will be taping myself and possibly weighing myself April 30th and June 1st. I want to see what difference it makes. Hopefully April 30th I will be able to blog my results and my fears/excitement of starting May! I will also be praying and thinking about anything else God's leading me to give up for a month. So, stay tuned! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment