Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Talks with Isaiah Brent....

I can't believe how big and smart my baby boy has gotten! He's only 4 but he's definitely not a toddler any more. He is a walking, talking active boy! Full on boy! The things he picks up on and knows amaze me on a regular basis. He's just like his Momma and feels the need to talk 24/7. He has to know ALL social outings and the ins and outs of every single thing. It's incredible. Now I know how my Mom felt. haha! The other day I was reviewing my days Timehop. 3 years ago I was pregnant with Collin so just about all my posts 3 years ago were about that. He was sitting next to me and I showed him the picture of me 38 weeks pregnant with Collin. Here is the conversation that followed.


Me-Look! Hahaha Look at that belly!
Isaiah-*laughs* Wow! That's really big! Is that me?
Me-No, that's Collin.
Isaiah-Oh! Momma?
Me-Yeah?
Isaiah-I really wish you could have a new baby in your tummy. Cause I'd really like one. Can you have a new baby?
Me-*sigh* I wish buddy. Maybe some day.....
Isaiah-Yeah...that would be really nice.


As much as this conversation made me sad it also made me realize that I'm not alone. Our family desires another baby. Theo does, Isaiah does and maybe not exactly Collin since most of the time he spends his time with his head in the clouds...hahaha...but I'm not alone. We all want it. I think it would be great for our family. But there's so much to do before we can get to that point. So as much as this conversation made me sad, it also made me realize that I have to keep my chin up and keep fighting. Keep struggling and taking baby steps. Because not only do I need it...but my little family needs it. One day, maybe we'll be there. But for now, just gotta keep my chin up and keep working hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment