So over the past few months I've been working REALLY hard on my mental state. Obviously....since it has to do with the inside of my head....no one can see most of the things I've been working on. I've shared with a very select few but in all honesty, I've grown to appreciate my privacy more. I'm not going to go into all the details but I've been thinking a lot about "me" lately. More specifically my body. I have insecurities, as I'm sure everyone does. Everyone's journey is unique. Ever since I got married I have come quite a way in overcoming a few. I used to be so bad I couldn't ever take a compliment. Now I've gotten so much better at just saying "Thank you!" without taking it back in my head and talking to myself about how wrong they were. So basically I've just been thinking about my body and what God's given me. Growing up I was ashamed of my butt and boobs so I hid them under big t-shirts. I think it wasn't so much being ashamed of them, so much as just "new" to it all. haha! I wish I would've had more pride to take care of my body then. But even though I didn't, my body is still something to be proud of! Even though I want to loose weight, tighten my stomach and etc....I don't have a certain weight in mind. All I care about is being happy with my body. It's a gift that God gave me! HE also gave me a husband who appreciates my body and loves me. He doesn't like my weight but it's not because of the number. It's because I'm damaging my body with terrible food choices or not eating at all. I don't treat my body well! My Mom used to always bring up that the Bible talks about how your body is a temple. (1 Corinthians 6:19) I honestly never cared to think about what that meant. And more and more I'm learning that it is all about inside. Of course what's on the outside reflects whats on the inside, but I've been a mess inside for so long. I've been struggling to discover who I am! To appreciate who God made me to be! It's not like I'm saying I'm going on a new journey to find myself or anything. I understand I have responsibilities to my children/husband. But part of being there for them, would be to fix me. It's honestly been hard for me to do. I focus so much on my children. Of course it's more now because they're young, but I've got to fix me for them and my husband! I recently saw a video that I loved! I've actually been seeing a lot lately, about accepting the body you have! Not trying to cover up or change! I love that message! I'm going to work hard on accepting it for myself. Often I will see videos like that and think of certain friends and say "Why can't they see that we all think they're beautiful?" Then I realized that same question has probably been asked of me. Probably too many times to count. Why can't I see myself the way others see me? Of course I'm not perfect! Of course I have sin in my life. I wouldn't be human otherwise! But God loves me and gave me this body because HE thought it was best for me! I mean...I get goosebumps thinking about the fact that God thinks of me enough to even pick a specific body for me!!! Little 'ol me! I'm going to post the video I saw that I really like! It has some curse words that I'm opposed to and a few other things...but on my blog I'll post it! :-)
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment