So, I just had to blog about this because one day I think it'll make me laugh! In the 4 years I've been a mother I have NEVER let my boys play with Play-Doh or paint! They have done paint for certain projects I've done...but not like playing themselves. It's because the mess terrifies me! I am an organized clean person (for the most part) and chaos and mess literally drives me NUTS! I've known since we found out we were pregnant with our second boy, that my world on clean/neat/organization would end. Not that I wouldn't try, but more that my two boys would flip my world upside down and I'd have to give up on things being the way I wanted them to be. Well, recently through encouragement from a friend, I overcame the mental struggle and let my kids play with Play-Doh! I basically had to set it up for them and leave the room. haha! I just knew seeing them mix those colors would KILL me! ha! So, I set them up in the kitchen and went to the living room to attack a project I'd been meaning to do! It went better than expected! Yes there were a few small things I had to clean up but it kept them occupied and happy! So here's to me breaking mental barriers! And here's to my boys being happy! Thank you LaToya (Aunt Toya) for the encouragement! The boys and I thank you! :-) P.S. I did find a way to make myself happier with Play-Doh....keeping it organized after they're done playing! ;-)
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment