Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Welcoming a New Family Member

So last night we welcomed a new family member into our household! His name is P.J and he is a 5 year old yellow Labrador! We are re-naming him Pajamas! :) He is THE sweetest thing I've ever met! Last night was a bit rough. We didn't get him until 8pm and so when we came home and wanted to go to bed, he was not okay with that. He whined quite a bit and paced ALLLLL night! Eventually around 2a.m. I closed our bedroom door and I think he got the hint. It was fairly quiet until around 6a.m. when we woke up to get him ready to go to the vet. We wanted to get his shots up to date asap and get him spayed. So he'll probably hate me when I pick him up this afternoon. But we gotta make sure he's healthy and up to date on shots just in case something happens! The only issue thus far? My allergies. I have lived with Labs and Golden Retrievers....so I can't figure out why my eyes are itching so badly and I'm sneezing like crazy. OH! And the itchy throat. NOT cool! However, I was having some allergies BEFORE he came here. Also, his previous owner said she bathed him the night before...so maybe it's the shampoo she used. Plus she was a smoker...so maybe all of that is just on him and I'm having issues with that. I'm PRAYING that's it! Because I'd hate to have to give him up. :( Hopefully I'm not really allergic to him and we'll get to keep him. The boys are pretty excited. Well, Isaiah. Collin really doesn't have a clue. They've met him already but they have yet to see him in their own home. They were asleep when we came home with him, and I had to leave before they were up this morning to take him to the vet. So we'll see how things go tonight! But so far....so good! :) Also, I want to make note that I was SOOOOO impressed at his behavior at the vet. There were a TON of cats and other dogs and he sat when I told him too and didn't bark and really was the best behaved dog there! Hooray for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment