Why do I feel it's okay to lie? Why is it that every time I feel a certain way to spare someone's feelings I lie? Yes, that may sound noble to some. Some might say "Oh! A little white lie doesn't hurt." The truth is....it DOES! The Bible speaks very much against lying. Did you ever come across an example of Christ lying? So why do we (as Christians) think it's okay to lie for whatever reason? You don't wanna hurt someone's feelings, you don't want to ruin a surprise for someone, you don't wanna crush someone's dream. All those things come off and appear to be noble causes. Let's start with some scripture
1) "Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right."
Proverbs 16:13 (KJV)
2)"The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar." Proverbs 19:22 (KJV)
3) "Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight." Proverbs 12:22
4) "The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment." Proverbs 12:19
So there is a small handful of verses that say that lying is NOT good. It didn't say "lying isn't good BUT" No....lying isn't good. Period. The reason I decided to write this blog is because I'm angry with myself. I'm upset that I've lost sight of what God says is right. Yes, I know we all stumble sometimes. And I DO know God forgives. But I'm angry at myself for getting something so simple wrong. Just something to humble me. So, as of today I'm going to work harder on making sure everything that comes out of my mouth or anything I write is honest. Even if it is wrong, I need to make sure that I am being truthful with myself and with others. There's a reason why people say "The truth hurts" Because sometimes telling the truth can really hurt. Not just the person you're saying it to, but to yourself. It's not easy to be honest. So let's set a few things straight for the record. Just to get myself started right.
1) I have my own personal beliefs. I will not judge you for yours. I might not agree but that doesn't mean I'm judging you.
2) Posting something publicly on Facebook/Twitter/MySpace(if anyone still uses that lol) allows for other people to say their opinions. I am VERY careful about what I post on Facebook now. I didn't use to be as good at it. But now I am very careful. I understand that if I post something containing my opinion/thoughts that it's OKAY if someone posts theirs in return. That's how the social network works! Just because I respond back with maybe a little fight/oomph doesn't mean I'm judging you/yelling at you etc. It simply means I'm defending how I feel. Period.
3)What I post in my blog I A)Expect very few people to read and B)Feel I can vent/talk whatever I want without receiving any backlash for it. That's what blogs are for. To post your own feelings/thoughts (whether good or bad) and it's your right to do. I do not expect that you agree with everything I write, but since my blog is more private (kind of like a diary) I expect that people treat my opinions/feelings with respect and basically keep your thoughts to yourself if you don't agree. Social networks are where people can comment back. Blogs have comments to encourage/agree. Not start disputes. lol At least that's what I feel a blog is.
So I guess that's it for this blog. I just needed to get that out. I've got some apologizing and things to make right after this. -sigh-
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment