Monday, August 2, 2010

Wow! It's been awhile!


Okay, so! I definitely haven't been able to blog like I wanted to! I was hoping this summer would be really relaxing, but it hasn't turned out quite that way. First I will recap of the baby and his amazing growth thus far.

He is now 4 months and almost 1 week old! He is growing so fast and it's seriously before my very eyes. It's crazy! People always say "Oh they grow so fast! Treasure every moment!" Well lemme tell you, I am a stay at home mother and I am DESPERATELY trying to cherish every single moment, yet this boy is growing like a weed. He has his 4 month check up in 2 days. We'll see how much he weighs then, but as of 3 weeks ago, the boy weighed 19lbs and 2oz! Mind you 3 weeks ago he wasn't even 4 months old yet! He eats all the time. I've taken to latching him onto my boob more just because I'm plain 'ol exhausted. We've officially started some Rice cereal either mixed with Apple Juice or breast milk. He loves it! We have also tried Green Beans (He ate that stuff UP! He loved them! Ate almost 1/2 a jar in one sitting lol), Peas (didn't like those so much), Applesauce(liked pretty well), Bananas (loved) and the new addition is carrots. I'm going to have to start feeding him cereal twice a day because this boy is eating too much breast milk. My body is KILLING me! I so long for the days when my body isn't affected by pregnancy or having to feed a little one. LOL Or how bout the fact that I've had the worst lower back pain for weeks now because my boobs are so huge. People....size F!!!!! Really?!?! Are we serious?! Yes! I assure you I am not exaggerating! It's painful! Plus I can't find a bra that properly fits! It's so frustrating. But he's not even 6 months yet, so I can't quit now. I go to weekly breast feeding support groups through WIC (Women Infant Children). Those are very helpful and encouraging for the times when I just wanna say "FORGET IT!!!!" Someone there made a statement.....she said "Breastfeeding is THE hardest easiest thing in the world to do!" If you haven't breast fed, that will mean nothing to you, but if you have....you will TOTALLY get it and understand. LOL Anyways, so as far as growth and development for Man's....who I know more often refer to as Wubbers (Which is Lovers just in baby talk lol. He can now efficiently roll over all the way. From side to side, and back and forth. He's a rolling machine. Also to my greatest surprise....he scoots himself across the floor!!!!! He will roll onto his belly...and if he sees something he really wants, he will scoot himself to whatever it is. Now most days I can't get him to do it, because he seems to be way more interested in chewing on his fist, but he can and will do it when he wants. He also is starting to show quite the personality. Anytime he's around a mirror he stares and smiles at himself. This, is most certainly a "Bogus" trait that we see in his older namesake! :) Also, he talks ALLLLL the time! He very much responds to interaction. If I ask him a question normally he will blubber back some gibberish. LOL Recently he's started to try and use his tongue to make more distinct noises. It's pretty funny and he sounds super cute! I'd have to say, his favorite toy these days, is his fist....it's constantly in his mouth. LOL He also likes chewing on a little 8oz Dr Pepper bottle I gave him. hahaha....that's really cute. He loves to look around and interact with people....especially women. He's a total flirt. It's crazy! lol I think that's about all in Isaiah Brent's world. After his check up I'm going to try my best and come and update you all on his height, weight and percentile etc. I'm sure it's going to be out of this world. LOL

Let's see. What else has happened? Theo and I celebrated our 1st year Wedding Anniversary. It is so encouraging to make it to that mark. I pray every day that God allow us to stay together for ever. As long as we make God our center, we should be good to go. hahaha! But life is rough and does create issues a lot of times. But God is bigger than any problem on earth you'll have. So that's encouraging. Oh! For our anniversary celebration, we went to the hotel we stayed in our wedding night! :) We left the baby at my Mom's and went from Thursday night to Sunday morning. It was SOOOOOO nice! Just nice to relax and be together without waking up a night to feed a baby. We cuddled so much. I'd have to say....that's what I miss most about having a new addition. I can't cuddle when ever I please with my husband. And half the time I'm so lacking on sleep before my head hits the pillow I'm dead out! *sigh* I'm hoping the sleep deprivation gets a little better.
Anyways, well that's a quick update. I really have to be going. I have a ton to do and the baby is going to wake up from his nap any minute now. He's so cute and chubby! I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment