Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Thrifty Mom

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a thrifty Mom but yet when I look around my house, it's pieced together by different things either gotten for free, a discounted price or Theo made by hand. We have very few things that were brand new. (And nothing brand new recently. lol ) I'm always keeping an eye out on things that we might need. For example, two years ago I was without a car. I just kept my eye out constantly! Eventually we found a car that fit our budget and what we were looking for! SOLD! I often troll Sell Buy Swap sites to see if there's anything good on there. Most times there's absolutely nothing I need on there. But, we've been needing a printer for a very long time. We've been fortunate enough to have friends who are always willing to print us off a quick page or two. Then there's always the library for 10 cents a page. We don't print that often, but more and more it's becoming an inconvenience to get things printed here or there. Well, about a month or two ago someone posted a printer for sale for $20. I just happened to log in right when she posted it! HP....near brand new. The lady said she had two but only needed one. As it goes for those websites I was skeptical but though "Hey! $20? Eh...not too bad even if I can't get it to work I could probably turn around and sell it for $10...not much of a loss." So I took the $20 plunge and bought it. I hadn't needed it until last night. It was late. I needed to have Theo print me off something before he was gone to work today. So, I brought out the printer because honestly, it was just far too late to call on a neighbor to see if I could get a quick page. haha So, I turned it on. "Ooo Fancy touch screen!" I told Theo to look up the model and see if he could download the software on the laptop while I tried to get the printer to connect through wifi. The printer not only connected to wifi without a hitch, but it also did an update! The whole time I was nervous something would happen or it would say error but it never did! Then, after the software was downloaded on laptop I start hearing that beautiful printer sound. It was done in a flash! Not only did the lady leave ink in there, but it was color ink too! I wanted Theo to print in gray scale that way we saved ink....but he forgot. The page was beautiful. It printed super quiet, fast and efficient. I was astounded! What a score! I mean, seriously. SCORE! Then I realized, it's not just a printer. It's a scanner too!!!!! And I can print out pictures. I mean...this little baby is gonna change our world! And all for a thrifty $20! Printers really aren't all that expensive...but I still got my at an extremely discounted rate and it works like new! I'm a boss! A thrifty Missy Boss! Oh yeah! After that page came out all beautiful and shiny, you could just cue double doors swinging open, a fan blowing my hair back and rock and roll music playing. Yeah, that's right! I imagine myself in movie scenes! Boo-Yah! Huge sense of accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment