Sunday, November 16, 2014

Victorious

So, as I've been saying in previous blogs, I've been working on myself. Like, a lot! More than I've ever focused on myself before! One very important thing I've learned through all this hard work, is to celebrate my victories! Before, I always seemed to find some way to bring myself down. To say it wasn't good enough. Or find some excuse to lessen the greatness of a victory! So with the encouragement of my counselor and Theo, I started to just tell myself "It's a victory! Celebrate it!" It didn't matter how big or how small. It deserves celebration! It doesn't matter if no one else will care! Celebrate! Acknowledge the fact that it was a leap for myself and a successful one! And even when I fall, don't beat myself up over it! At first it was very, VERY, difficult! I would acknowledge the victory but secretly in the back of my mind, tear it down. Gradually, it became easier and easier! Gradually I learned to celebrate loading and unloading the dishwasher! Sounds stupid! But all year I've struggled with keeping up with dishes. Mostly due to my lack of energy. But when I finally did do the dishes, I allowed myself to be so happy over it! Almost every day now, I find something to celebrate myself about! Whether it's big or small. Doesn't make a difference! God's put a major change in my heart and it's soooo much for the better. I can't believe I lived so long beating myself up like I was. Well, I might have been living but it was a very unhealthy life. Inward and outward! So thank you God, for allowing the help of others to help me push through my selfishness. To realize that the works YOU do in me are good! They are to be celebrated! I am victorious in HIM! Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment