Anyways, I last minute remembered Mother's Day is approaching on Sunday. Wow! Seriously, so far. This year has FLOWN by! Am I the only one who's holiday's have just snuck up on them?! After trying to figure out what kind of card to make our mothers (mine and Theo's) I then started reflecting on me, as a mother. I have two healthy, happy boys. Okay...maybe Collin has some health issues...but in general is a healthy boy. Both boys are happy and very much are thriving in their environment. I've had two pregnancies thus far. But yet I can't help but feeling I'm missing a child this Mother's Day. Some of you know, I honestly think most of you know, Collin was a twin. At the time we didn't know it. I just thought I was having a miscarriage. Then 2 weeks later when they wanted to re-test my hcg levels to make sure they'd gone all the way down, they find it's actually gone up higher. SURPRISE! You're still pregnant! haha! Anyways, that was very much a pleasant surprise. I know that miscarriages are a pretty common thing. I know that so many women who I PERSONALLY know have had at least one. I also know that God knows my needs/desires of my heart/wants. I dealt with the miscarriage fairly well because I KNEW...without a doubt God knew what was best for me and my family. Clearly I wasn't meant to have twins. Clearly at the time I was meant to think I wasn't having a baby. I was okay with that because even if I don't necessarily understand why, I know GOD knows...and who better to trust?!?! But for some reason....maybe because I have baby fever, maybe because I really want a girl, maybe because I've been seeing a lot of twins around here, maybe because sometimes it seems like Collin is incomplete.....I dunno....but I've been missing his twin. I've been feeling like I don't have all of my children around me. There are lots of views and opinions on miscarriage. Some believe it's a baby no matter what. Some believe that when you miscarry as early on as I did (around 5-6 weeks) that it doesn't really qualify as a baby. MY opinion (and since it's my blog I can say what I want...hehehehe)is that God blessed me with a life and just because it didn't get to continue growing doesn't make it's time in me, less important. So...when I see the way Collin behaves...and it just seems like he's missing something. He's missing a buddy, someone who he's connected to....I feel that. I feel it really REALLY deep down. Sure! Collin has an older brother! But they're 17mo apart (which is pretty close to some people)and everyone knows twins, more often than not, have a special connection to each other. So for some reason...sometimes I see Collin and the way he behaves and it just seems like he's missing a piece of him. It's odd. Of course maybe this is just all in my head because I'm feeling a missing piece of my heart. But since this is my blog, I just decided to blog it out and see if that helped.
So, Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mother's. Those who are pregnant with their first, those who have children running around them, those who's children have since grown and moved on, those who have tried but had many "unsuccessful" pregnancies......Happy Mother's Day to you all! Because we all deal with things differently. We all have desires of our heart. What I pray is that you pray and cry out to God with your heart. Lean on HIM. HE is the ONLY thing that will make you feel 100% loved and complete. HE is all knowing! Happy Mother's Day to you all! :)
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. 8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Proverbs 3:5-8


No comments:
Post a Comment